Saw someone else doing this, like the emails of old’en days, and I thought I might do it. I used to do things like these in email trains back in the day, when I was super bored and home a lot (like over Christmas break in high school). But I haven’t done this in YEARS…
So I’ll be answering 14 questions today. I just found this random list of questions on Pinterest and only read a few, so I’ll be improvising quite a bit. Let’s go.
- Would you date an 18 year old at the age you are now? NOPE. I’m 35.
- Would you ever smile at a stranger? I work in customer service a lot, so yeah? I do. A lot. Part of the job. Outside of that, I don’t usually go about smiling at randos, because I’m a 35/m and white and that would probably just be creepy to most.
- What exactly are you wearing right now? That escalated. Shorts, t-shirt, ballcap, and flipflops.
- How often do you listen to music? All the stinking time. Like, a lot. Currently listening to Rage Against the Machine’s Wake Up. An oldie, but a goodie.
- Are you a social or antisocial person? Both. Depends. I’m an extrovert by heart. But I’m also bipolar and suffer with anxiety, which can cause some antisocial moments.
- Do you care if people talk badly about you? Sometimes. I rarely think about it. People who do that are lame and are rarely worth worrying about when you are not in their company. When I do worry about it, it’s usually right after a recent experience with them and it’s my anxiety working overtime. Anxiety gotta pay them bills.
- When was the last time you cried? Recently. Can’t recall when or why. Think I was listening to an important song and thinking about dad or something. All those old songs about “men aren’t supposed to cry” are stupid. Real men cry. My dad taught me that.
- Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for? This got weird. Let’s break this down though… “you would do absolutely everything for”? The answer to that should always be no. If your answer is yes, you might be in an abusive relationship. Sure, when we’re in love we want to think we’d do anything and everything for a person – but that must be within reason. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is not reasonable. What if that boy asked us to kill someone, or rob someone, or whatevs? We need to be able to say, “Not today, Boi!”
- Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have? Getting weird again. No, I’ve never wanted to possess someone.
- Do you replay things that have happened in your head? Yes. The anxiety can do that. Sometimes it’s not the anxiety and just a good cognitive workout. Analyzing my own behavior and trying to determine if I’ve been good or bad, whether I made good decisions or not. Whether I maybe owe someone an apology, or maybe they owe me one. We can’t learn from our previous life choices and moments, if we don’t review them.
- Is your life anything it was two years ago? It’s similar, yes.
- Have you ever cried over a boy? Nope. Girls? Yes. Especially back in the single days. Ah, young love – or rather, what one thought was love and such nonsense.
- How do you look right now? Similar much to #3 are we? We’ll assume it’s the non-clothes question. I have a goatee and mustache, long and busy sideburns, and rather longish hair under my ballcap. That covers the head.
- If you could change your eye color, would you? Nope. My eyes are awesome. Stay away from my eyes. I have what they call “green” eyes. But basically, they change color a lot. Typically there’s a lot of grey, sometimes with sprinkles of yellow in the grey.
Welp. There’s that. Feel free to answer the questions in the comments or in a blog post of your own and paste the link in the comments. Kinda silly questions, but I wouldn’t mind seeing your responses too. And remember, you’re only as deep as your swimming pool. But what if you don’t own a swimming pool? I rest my case. 😂