October 15, 2015 I will do my first standup comedy show
I’ve been sitting on this long enough. Some of you know I have been trying my hand at standup this year, I have posted a little about it along the way. I started at an open mic this January, and have been going to an open mic almost every Wednesday night ever since.
And now, October 15 from 7pm to 9pm, I will be giving a show at Stone Spiral in Maplewood, Missouri (not far fromdowntown St. Louis). It’s a lovely little jive with good drinks and food.
– Do I feel ready? No.
– Am I gonna bomb some jokes? Probably.
– Am I gonna be awesome? You betcha.
– Is it 3 days after my birthday? Yes.
– Will it be the best birthday present to myself ever? Yes.
– Will it be the worst birthday present to myself ever? Probably, because I’ll beat myself up over all the stuff that didn’t go well instead of focusing on the ones that did.
– Am I excited? Yes.
If you are receiving/seeing this message, and think there is a chance you could make it to the show, let me know in the comments. I will be making an Event soon, and can send you an invite.
Oh, and there is no charge for the show. Though, I do get to put out a tip jar.
#stl #stlouis #comedy #standup